7 Tips For Better Living!
There are little things we’ve been told all our lives that have been forgotten, and we only remember them when our lives become so messy that we have to pick ourselves up off the ground, clean ourselves up, get back on our horse and ride again. Here are a few reminders – many of them you probably know deep down inside – that should help make your lives a bit easier.
1. Remember what you want in the big picture instead of what you think you must have this very moment. Most things we desire are not needs; they are wants. Being wise with your money promotes self-confidence and peace of mind.
2. Get a good night’s sleep. If you are tired, you cannot function at your best, and you need to be at the top of your game as much as possible. So, turn off the TV and sleep. It’s good for you, emotionally and physically.
3. Don’t loan money to those close to you. If you feel they deserve your help, make it a gift, because an unpaid loan can undo a friendship.
4. Write thank-you notes. Hardly anyone does this anymore, yet it can be so meaningful. Taking the time to write a thank-you note shows that you truly appreciated the person you are thanking.
5. Give some love to a person in need. Visit a rest home where you don’t know anyone and have a conversation with a stranger. Volunteer at a hospital, or read to children at the library. You will feel better for it.
6. When you think back on your life, focus on the good that has come your way, not on what you think you may have missed.
7. It’s okay to slow down. Some people try to pack as much as they can into a day or a vacation. Seeing and doing less can actually mean more…more rest and more reset to get ready to go back to your regular life.
Okay…# 8 is the bonus tip of the day….
8. Give yourself a gift. It doesn’t have to be as expensive as international travel holidays or buying yourself that expensive new car or dress or pair of shoes. It could be as simple as taking the day off. Whatever you decide on doing, enjoy it with every ounce of energy and appreciation in you. Know that you deserve it!
Life is full of miracles to be found almost everywhere you look. The problem is, most people are wearing blinders to the beauty and opportunity to be amazed every day. This world offers so many opportunities for an enjoyable existence. Take some time each day to experience the best of the world all around you.